Monday, August 11, 2008

Isn't it crazy how time "flies when you're busy?"


Wow.  It's been nearly 3 months since my last post.  I've been thinking about getting back here to my blogging perch for so long and yet nothing happened.  I have no idea why it was so difficult for me to find my way back here - bending spoons with my mind seemed like an easier feat.  

I've been so busy with work - which is such a poor excuse.  I found myself thrust head first into an unbelievably amazing new project.  You see, I've been a fashion girl for as long as I can remember.  I've been obsessed with trends, runways, garments, accessories, designing, styling and all things fashion for most of my professional career.  I'm now knee deep in a whole new design stratosphere....drum roll.  It did appear obvious I was headed in that direction.  It seemed, at least at first blush, it would be such an easy transition.  I have the intuitive skill set for design and aesthetics  so what's the big deal, right?  Well, I'm so far from even dreaming about furnishings and plush textiles.  Let us first just wade through the daunting world of  building codes, lighting, HVAC, plumbing, AV, toilets, walls, wood, green sustainable design, stone, plaster and the list goes on.  My desk is so cluttered with building decisions at that moment, it would make the fearless Bob Villa blush.  There are times when this process gets so seemingly convoluted, I feel like I'm building Hearst Castle.

So wish me luck with this first new venture of this brave new design world and I promise to stay firmly committed as well to my first love, FASHION.
Adieu